Monday 14 March 2011

Web design, ho!





This week I've been trying to design a hypothetical homepage for myself, for reasons of ambition. It's gone through a lot of iterations, mostly different jumblings-up of the various images and colours that I first came up with, none of which were as easy to implement as I'd hoped.

I started out with a site map, and then a fairly basic paper mock-up, showing the various images that I wanted to pop up when the text is moused-over. I always like websities that do that, it seems playful. Also, the exchange of the the friendly (creepy) cartoon octopus and Cthulhu, High Priest of the Great Old Ones seems like a good way of representing my versatility.

Then I moved on and made some fun pictures to set the tone of the site. I wanted to say, "I'm a real fun guy with all sorts of great ideas, but I'm also really competent and efficient and generally good at what I do." Or something more concise than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment