Monday 11 April 2011

Self-Defined: I Love You Keith Thompson

Yes, it's official, I shall track down Keith Thompson and make him my wife. It's not just the skill or the detail he puts into his works. It's not even the thought, creativity and wealth of experience he seems to put into everything he does. It's the narrative. Each one of his pictures is a story. For instance, above we have The Ghoul, a piece from his website. It's not just just scary, intriguing or horrifying, as a result of being well drawn and well designed- it gives the illusion of belonging to something bigger, even though it was created in a vacuum. This ghoul, far from being some throwaway video game enemy or B-movie roadside horror, is a creature with a past and future.

And did I mention he's only a few years older than me?
Find further goth, gore and grimness, see www.keiththompsonart.com .


See? I can do sepia toned rural horror with strong attention to anatomy and internal narrative TOO! Well, I can try.
Also, I think I may be enjoying this whole "aged paper" thing a little too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment